Nirantara Foundation is a Trust registered in May 2008 at Bidar, Karnataka under the Indian Trust’s Act of 1956.
The Objectives of Nirantara Foundation are:
- To establish formal and informal teaching and learning centers such as pre-schools, schools, colleges, academies and other educational institutions at all levels and to impart general, vocational, technical and professional education.
- To establish hostels and boarding homes for all people who involve in learning and teaching.
- To provide scholarship, fellowship, sponsorship and other forms of financial & non-financial assistance to people involved in teaching and learning to encourage their progress in achieving desired educational abilities.
- To facilitate and organize conferences, lectures, seminars, symposia, awareness programmes and all type of learning opportunities to promote education.
- To promote national integration, communal harmony and symbiotic relationships among the citizens through education and action research.
In 2008, Nirantara Foundation established low-cost schools in urban slums. Four schools were started for children of microfinance borrowers of its sister organization, Nirantara Community Services. A school – The HoneyBees Public School, targeting middle & high income segments was started during 2009 with a dual purpose to address issues of sustainability of the Foundation and also because the founders experienced lack of quality schools in Bidar for their own children. Nirantara Foundation was formed to establish low-cost schools in urban slums. Four schools were started during 2008 for children of microfinance borrowers of Nirantara Community Services. A school targeting middle & high income segments was started during 2009 with a dual purpose to address issues of sustainability of the Foundation and also because the founders experienced lack of quality schools in Bidar for their own children.
The Foundation conducts teacher trainings through School Cinema and has organized several workshops on life skills in various schools.
Initial funding to the tune of Rs.1 cr. for setting up and developing The HoneyBees Public School came from personal funds of the Founder . Currently the foundation is financially self sustainable earning revenues from the school in the form of admission /readmission fee and tuition fee. However, in order to develop the infrastructure of the school and expand operations outside Bidar District, it is important to raise funds from investors. For this purpose the promoters of the Foundation have floated Nirantara Infratech Private Limited.
Nirantara Infratech Private Limited
Key Objectives of NIPL are
- To buy / acquire assets such as land & building for the purpose of education; To borrow or get investments for the purpose of creating infrastructure for the purpose of education; To lease / rent movable & immovable properties to trusts / societies which are in to imparting formal & informal education
- To provide consultancy and management services to / trusts & societies and educational institutions being managed by them; To provide consultancy in leadership development, personnel management, curriculum development, and school management services
- To provide practical and research-based educational training and capacity building for people & institutions involved in imparting formal & informal education. They could be teachers, trainers, facilitators and professionals in the field of general and special education
- To support the process of education and skill development amongst the masses of India by own self and/or through any other institutions, individuals, association of persons or such other body and to undertake research & development and consultancy in the fields of education on such terms and conditions as the company may deem fit.
- To carry on the business of developing and maintaining an online web portal or directory for providing details, information, solutions and services related to education field including to design, develop, maintain, operate, install, host, provide, create, facilitate or otherwise deal in software, Internet portals, Internet networks, Media Portals, Internet solutions, Internet gateways, Internet service providers, Website designing, E-commerce education and solutions.